The American Educational Research Association’s (AERA) 2015 Annual Meeting will be starting this Thursday, April 16th with more than 14,000 people participating in over 2,600 sessions. This year AERA is being held in Chicago Illinois with the theme
Toward Justice: Culture, Language, and Heritage
in Education Research and Praxis
As with previous years, researchers from Ontario will be sharing their work at this event:
- (Thursday April 16, 12:00 to 1:30) 14.044 Teachers as Inquirers, Knowledge Generators – and Researchers? OISE, University of Toronto, Peel District School Board and George Brown College.
- (Friday April 17, 4:05 to 5:35) 35.081 An Innovative University/School-Based Teacher Education Initiative: The Diverse School Initiative. Toronto District School Board.
- (Saturday April 18, 10:35 to 12:05) 49.060 The Next Phase in Education Reform in Ontario: Excellence, Equity, Well-Being, and Public Confidence.
- How a Province-Wide Public Consultation is Informing the Next Stage of Ontario’s System-wide Education Improvement Efforts. Ministry of Education
- Aboriginal Education Evidence-Based Best Practices for Supporting First Nation, Metis, and Inuit Academic Achievement and Well-Being. Ontario Ministry of Education.
- Changing the Educational Culture of the Home to Increase Student Success at School. OISE/University of Toronto and the Ontario Ministry of Education.
- Success for All: Using Implementation Science to Build Conditions and Capacity to Support Student Mental Health in Ontario Schools. Ontario Ministry of Education.
- (Saturday April 18, 2:45 to 4:15) 52.085 Building School District Capacity in Assessment for Learning: A Study on Teacher Learning in Assessment Through an Instructional Rounds Approach. Queen’s University and the Ottawa Carleton District School Board.
- (Sunday April 19, 12:25 to 1:55) 63.027 The Listening Stone: Learning from the Ontario Ministry of Education’s First Nations, Metis, and Inuit Collaborative Inquiry. York University and the Ontario Ministry of Education.
- (Sunday April 19, 4:05 to 5:35) 66.080
- Equity and Accountability in a Major Metropolis: An Exploration of the Toronto District School Board. Toronto District School Board.
- Deconstructing Intelligence-Based Special Education Exceptionalities. York University and Toronto District School Board.
- Students’ Experience of Belonging and Exclusion across Toronto. Toronto District School Board.
- Student, Family, School and Neighborhood Social Disorganization and Stratification and Educational Sorting of Postsecondary Pathways. Toronto District School Board.
- Post Secondary Aspirations and Choices of Native and foreign-Born Adult Learners in the Toronto District School Board. York University and the Toronto District School Board.
- (Monday April 20, 12:25 to 1:55) 73.061 Students’ Conscientious Technology Designs as Actions on Socio-scientific Issues. OISE and Peel District School Board.
You can explore the schedule in more detail with AERA’s online portal
If you are unable to attend these events in person, you can follow the discussions at #AERA15 on Twitter. As with previous years, an archive of tweets will be created and shared.